The employees of Morrow Insurance are proud and staunch supporters of the United Way of Marshall County. The 2018 campaign has been concluded and the success of the campaign was celebrated by area businesses, agency partners, volunteers, and all who want to see our county help our friends and neighbors in need. The celebration along with the annual business meeting was held at the Plymouth Community Church on April 25, 2019 and the business meeting and celebration was chaired by President Jeff Houin.
Morrow Insurance has a deep history of supporting the United Way of Marshall County. Fred Morrow not only started Morrow Insurance but, he was one of the original group of people who started the “Community Chest” for the Plymouth Area. The organization later became part of the United Way organization and is now a countywide organization with a great staff and dedicated volunteers. Dave Morrow has followed in his father’s footsteps and has served as a campaign chairman and is a past president. Vice-President Vickie Talcott has also served on the board of directors and served as president.
Morrow Insurance has received recognition for many years because 100% of the employees contribute. For the fifth consecutive year Morrow Insurance was recognized as the leader of “Per Capita Giving” for the entire county. Dave Morrow said “I am very proud that our employees share part of their hard earned income for the benefit of those less fortunate”.
Morrow Insurance would like to thank all the volunteers and the United Way staff for their commitment helping make our county a better place to live and work. Morrow Insurance would also like to recognize the other businesses who are leaders championing the United Way cause in Marshall County. Following are the businesses and organizations that received recognition during the celebration.
A special “thank you” to Key Bank for 24 years of housing the United Way of Marshall County and Marshall County Community Foundation together in their building.
100% Givers to United Way:
- American Container, Inc.
- Boys and Girls Club of Marshall County
- Easterday Houin LLP
- Marshall County Community Foundation
- Marshall County Economic Dev. Corp.
- Marshall County Emergency Management
- Marshall County Service Office
- Marshall County Soil & Water Commission
- Morrow Insurance, Inc.
- Teachers Credit Union
- The Remembrance Centre
- U.S. Granules Corporation
Top Student Giving:
- Plymouth High School Theatre Department
Top Giver Countywide per capita
- #1 Giver Per Capita: Morrow Insurance
- Top Marshall County Large Industry: American Containers, Inc
- Top Marshall County Small Industry: U.S. Granules Corporation
- Top Marshall County Commercial/Retail: Mid-City Supply, Co.
- Top Professionals: Morrow Insurance
- Top Faculty/Staff: Bremen Public Schools